Wednesday, May 12, 2010

In the beginning...

Well folks my name is Wyatt John Derrick, some people know me as Derrick, some call me D, others know me simply as Smart ass Wyatt. I am 20 years old, actually 14 days away from turning the big 21!, as if that meant something, but i'm told it does. I grew up in good ol' Brooklyn, NY. My life as a child was not perfect, but who's was?..I've meet a lot of people along the way, Im friends with people i've known since pre-k so its been awhile one might say. School was never for me, heck since kindergarden i have got in trouble for misbehaving so that can kind of tell you the kind of school career i was in for, but i did it to myself and no one is to blame but me. My father left home at a young age, that was a bad year for me, my dad was always the person i looked up to, i can always count on my father if my mom got me upset. I remember the day i found out he was not coming back, i tied my charles barkley sneaker for the first time!, i said "ma whens dad coming home?" I was soooo proud of myself because he had been showing me weeks prior the bunny loop and I could never get it right, but that day I finally did it. My mom sat me down and told me "well wy-wy your dad is not coming back". I was about 7 years old, I did not quite understand what she meant. My father was a musician so I was used to him being on the road for long periods of time, but he always came back, hell he was my dad he had to come back. Needless to say he did not, him and my mom had spilt. At 7 years old i was under the impression it was my fault, I was the last born child, the baby, the last kid they had. Had they not had me then they might have stayed together but who knows. Well he left and we kept in touch and we spoke but its not the same not having the man in your life, a child especially a boy needs a father figure. My mom is by far the greatest person in the world, this lady has been through so much words can not even explain, but she never quit, she took care of me,my brother and my sister. she worked 4 jobs just to make sure we had clothes and a place to stay, she was doing this after losing her baby sister who was murdered, but presistence defines my mother, advercity, because through it all she is still here and still made it happen one way or another, and I do not think actually I know I do not thank her enough for the job she did raising us three, because trust me when I say we werent the easiest kids. So I started acting up in school, cutting, arguing, fighting basically I was rebelling because i felt i had no other way to express myself. Some how I graduated junior high and went to high school. I dropped the ball bad, to sum it all up I dropped out and got my GED, theres more to the GED story i will come back to that. When I was about 6 a family moved next door. The Cruz's. I kind of went back into time but im writing as things come into my mind. Well i might have been six, but some people say love at first sight doesnt exist, but it does, it happened to me. There she was, Jessica Cruz, the loud spanish girl next door..ahhh mi riena to be. But Jessica will get her own blog as it will be alot i need to share. Her family treated me like one of their own, her dad become my father figure, her mom, her sisters even Zues became apart of me. i felt whole again, I know it was not my family but at a young age I would say from the time I was 11-till basically now they were there for me.My mom like i said was working like crazy to support us so anything I needed they helped. They made sure i ate, had clothes, it was truly a blessing from God, not everyone is as lucky as me and has a family thats not their own treat me like their own. I was the stray wolf and they took me in and gave me the love I was lacking. I thank them Dearly for that. My sister Rheanna, well we fought alot, things never just went smooth lol. We had to beat each other, and even though she was older I felt I needed to be smarter and stronger. Like all Brothers and sisters we had our fallouts but in our hearts it was all love. My brother Kyle, he was well you can say an interesting kid, thought the world was against him, no one liked him, he was a loner and till this day he still is. But like I said we were all close in our own way. My sister left home when she was about 16, so that would make me 10 or 11, but It felt like deja vu, another person I loved and needed to be there for me when i needed to cry, or when i got hurt checked on me and made sure i cleaned my cut, just my older sister. I literally stood at the door crying trying to stop her, but there was no stopping Rheanna, Im alot like her, if my mind is set on doing something, Im going to do it. if its wrong then let me learn its wrong, we all need to touch that hot stove sometimes, just me and her needed to touch it the most. Another large step back losing her. But we pushed through and we made it work, it was tough and no one ever said it would be easy I just felt that it was alot harder for me. My brother and I never really spoke, we got along at times but we werent those brothers who talked about girls, sex or other things most brothers do. we had our video games and till this day we bonded that way. I am not to sure if anyone will follow this blog because i am no one special but it helps to get this all out. There is more to come, Jessica Cruz is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment